Monday, October 29, 2007

It's small world after all..

Every week I learn something new with the ITEC class. Sometimes I read about stuff that I haven't heard about. This week's articles content is certainly a new info for me. And I'm thinking seriously to join one of the professional websites. I really like the Idea. Some way or another we have to admit that the advantages of the technology. I can't even keep up with the latest techniques. I feel overwhelmed by the new technology. It feels like I'm having an "info.rush hour" in my head!!.
These website would definitely help companies especially for the Human resource functions in terms of recruiting, hiring and connecting to other people to share experience. This kind of technology makes life easier for professional people to stay connected with others in the same interest of business. If I were an HR manager, I would definitely be connected with any of these professional websites as a type of informal networking.

"15 uses of prof......." lists interesting points for the uses of professional websites. I liked the idea of number 5 & 13. I've never thought that it would be this easy to socially network in a professional manner.




1 comment:

Alexandra said...

khaled,
i have to admit that i feel just like you about all these new technologies. before this class i thought i knew a lot about the internet but i have realized that there is much more out there than what i thought. many of these sites help companies recruit new employees based on their online profiles.